Accountability: Lets face it holding oneself accountable for his or her actions is not an easy undertaking. Mainly because we tell ourselves accountability restricts us, deprives us from joy, and some might say it’s legalism. But the real dilemma is understanding why it’s worth it. Here are 5 reasons why accountability is worth striving for:
1. To please God. (Ephesians 5)
2. To Love one another. (Gal 5:25)
3. To keep on keeping on. (Phil 1:12-13)
4. To be free!! (Common sense 101)
5. To keep us humble. (James 4:6)
I acknowledge accountability is messy and difficult but remember the hardest work has already been accomplished on the cross. The victory is secure. The enemy is defeated and his time is short. May we keep each other accountable and never stop growing more and more accountable in Christ.