We serve a BIG GOD that can do BIG MIRACLES! We serve a God that thinks about our lives, our world, and his creation on a completely different level than even the smartest human has the capacity to think (Isaiah 55:8-9). It’s easy for us to become discouraged when we fail to see things from God’s omniscient perspective. Let me put it this way, when things don’t go our way, our tendency is to ask ‘Why, God, why?’ But what we should be asking is ‘What, God, what?’ What miracle is he trying perform in our lives? I get it, it’s impossible to know the transcending thoughts of God but we do have empirical evidence that proves God will inform us about what he is doing through prayer and through faith he will bring it to past. A.W. Tozer says, “Because God knows all things perfectly, he knows no thing better than any other thing, but all things equally well. He never discovers anything, he is never surprised, never amazed.” Below is a non-exhaustive list of some amazing BIG MIRACLES; there are hundreds more in the Bible but for the sake of time let’s start with these:
- Abraham and Sarah have a baby in Genesis 12-21. They were both over 90 at the time of his birth.
- The plagues fell upon Egypt. Exodus 7-12.
- God parted the Red Sea to allow the Israelites to pass through on dry land surrounded by two enormous walls of water. Exodus 12-14.
- God sent manna to feed the Israelites. It fell from heaven like the dew. They could only collect what they needed for one day or it would spoil. Exodus 16.
- A poor widow prepares her last meal for the prophet Elijah and it lasts for many days. 1 Kings 17.
- A man was healed of leprosy after washing in the river seven times. 2 Kings 5.
- Three men are rescued out of a super heated furnace without even being singed. Daniel 3.
- Daniel spends the night in a pit of hungry lions and walks out the next day. Daniel 6.
- A virgin gave birth to a baby. Matthew 1, Luke 1-2.
- Jesus and Peter walk on water in a Cat V Hurricane. Matthew 14, Mark 6.
- A paralyzed man got up and when told to. Matthew 9, Mark 2, Luke 5. Acts 9 (different man that the first three).
- Five thousand people were fed with only five loaves of bread and two fish. Matthew 14, Mark 6, Luke 9, and John 6.
- Jesus drives the demon out of a possessed boy. Matthew 17.
- Lazarus was raised from the dead three days after he died. John 11.
- Peter is delivered out of prison by an angel. Acts 12.
- Paul & Silas prison doors are opened by an earthquake. Acts 16.
Another HUGE MIRACLE that’s not penned in the canonized scriptures is your birth! If you are reading this message, God has a BIG PURPOSE for you to PURSUE and FULFILL! So when life becomes too overwhelming always remember the God we serve that is able to do BIG MIRACLES!