According to one account I read, there are over 7,000 promises in the Bible. If I was to list every promise in this short devotional it would be consider book. So to that point, I will only list a few:
- God knows, sees and is aware of EVERYTHING you go through.
- God CARES about EVERYTHING you go through.
- God grieves when you hurt.
- God loves you UNCONDITIONALLY.
- God will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).
- God will turn all your ashes into beauty (Isaiah 61).
- God is a way-maker, healer, miracle worker, and provider.
In 2 Corinthians 1:20 we find that Paul was eager to communicate to his readers that the message he taught about the Lord Jesus was steadfast, sure, unalterable, and reliable. He stressed that God’s promises are altogether true and His Word stands forever.
Paul wanted this gentile Church to believe God’s Word in their hearts and experience in their lives the Lord’s never-failing riches of His grace, and so he wrote: “For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are YES! For ALL God’s promises are certain and sure in Jesus,… and so through Him we can say ‘Amen,’ to the glory of God.”
I’ve read, the word translated to “yes” in the original Greek means “sure“, and the word translated to “amen” means “firm“. In other words, Paul is saying that God’s promises (or words for that matter) are sure and firm. They are unchanging, unwavering, and unmovable.
Beloved of God, I can testify that God will do what He says He will do. Whether in blessing or in judgement, His word will absolutely never return void, but this does not release us from the conditions He has set out for us to benefit from His promises (Hebrews 11:6), in fact it binds us to them, but likewise, neither does it leave any room for doubt in His faithfulness. For the sake of His Name, He will fulfill His promises, for they are sure and firm because He is faithful and true!
We all need to believe and then invest this truth in our lives because we are all facing something. Now, I don’t know what plight you or someone you know is facing today. However, let me encourage you not to allow worry to form a root of fear and anxiety because God promises are greater than any problem you could ever face.
So if any of these message hits home for you, I encourage you to:
- Call out to Jesus for His help – talk with Him about whats going on!
- Remember the promises of God – remind God what He promised you!
- Rely on the power of Jesus – on your own, you can accomplish nothing!
Lastly, I also want to encourage you to commit to memory as many of God’s promises as you possibly can. Then when you pray, you will be in position to remind God of His “Yes” and “amen” promises!